Neem has been used for centuries to treat burns and problems of the skin and to prevent infection (Singh, et al, 1979).
Neem reduces the pain, kills bacteria that can cause infection, stimulates the local immune system and promotes rapid healing with reduced scarring.
Burns are treated very effectively with a neem-based cream spread lightly on the affected area. Most minor burns can be treated successfully at home by following these steps:
- Cool the burn.
- Hold the burned area under cold running water for 15 minutes.
- If impractical immerse it in cold water or cover with cold compresses.
- Cooling the burn reduces swelling by carrying heat away from your skin.
- Don’t use ice to cool a burn because it can further damage your skin.
- Don’t use butter. Using butter on burned skin can further damage your skin and increase your risk of infection.
- Once a burn is completely cooled, apply a Neem lotion or cream.
- It will help keep the burned area from drying out and may make the burn more comfortable as it heals.
- Continue to apply the cream until the burn has healed completely.
- Bandage the burn.
- Cover the burn with a sterile gauze bandage.
- Wrap the bandage loosely to avoid putting pressure on burned skin.
- Bandaging helps keep air off the area and reduces pain.
- Handle blisters with care.
- Fluid-filled blisters help protect against infection, so don’t break them.
- If they do break, wash the area with mild soap and water and then apply an antibiotic ointment and gauze bandage.
- Use over the counter pain relievers. If necessary, acetaminophen or ibuprofen can help relieve the pain of minor burns.
- Without further treatment, most minor burns will usually heal in about one to two weeks. But make sure you monitor the burn for signs of infection.
- Sunburns may also be treated with neem based creams.
Probably the best product available to control this type of pain. In our tests we have found that the Neem in the Blitz stick gives immediate relief from pain, the propolis / beeswax provide the perfect bacterial barrier and protection for small wounds. Neem Aru cream treats and provides relief with larger areas. Use Neem leaf extract to clean wound prior to redressing.
Suggested Products: – Blitz stick, aru cream, Neem leaf granules.